Friday, March 13, 2015

Haunted

I get asked about some aspects of my investigation into the EOTW events which I've been reluctant to discuss in the past, but I've decided to start opening up a little on these things now that the trilogy is behind me. Only on occasion will I lightly comment that I was haunted by 'Cora Stanton' (whom I'm now convinced was Etta Place) for years, long before I ever heard of her. The fact is, there is evidence in my life to suggest this idea.

Back in '82 when this album came out, it fascinated me. I saw the cover before I heard a single note of it and bought it. I listened to it a lot while I was in college. Little did I know that Houdini would factor big later in my life when this Houdini themed album cover compelled me to buy something I hadn't heard. One song in particular, the one linked here, immediately became my favorite on the album. I haven't listened to this in 25 years and now the song has taken on a quality opposite to its feel. When I hear this song now, I don't hear a jumpy tune, I hear a dead woman trapped in the moment of her murder again and again through the years, drowning in a murky lake, a ghost on a spinning carousel of the dead, calling out for my attention yet knowing I won't know about what happened to her for many years. You might say this was the first time I heard her "voice"...More to follow...

Suspended In Gaffa




1 comment:

  1. Fascinating just as your public lectures are with students who listen in awe and suspense

    ReplyDelete